British Journal of Cardiac Nursing, Vol. 7, Iss. 12, 07 Dec 2012, pp 588 - 594
People with cardiovascular disease may present to nurses in various
settings and at varying stages of their disease. Accurate assessment ensures that patients receive the care and treatment they need. Eliciting a clear clinical history from patients helps to guide a targeted clinical examination and is a critical step in the assessment process that will ensure suitable management and treatment are started in an appropriate time frame. This article will give an overview of the skills and techniques required to obtain an accurate patient history from a patient presenting with possible cardiac problems.
Why purchase a paper only subscription?
- Read high quality peer-reviewed articles such as this and many more covering all aspects of cardiac nursing in a way which is clear, intelligent and useful to your daily practice.
- British Journal of Cardiac Nursing contains the best clinical reviews, original research, information on practical procedures, case studies, career focuses and evidence based articles available to cardiac nurses to ensure that you are kept fully up to date with the latest developments taking place in cardiovascular practice.
- Get British Journal of Cardiac Nursing delivered regularly to your door, subscribe online now and receive an exclusive discount on your subscription!
Alternatively, download this article now!
The full-text of this article is available to download at www.internurse.com.
internurse.com is the UK’s largest archive of nursing articles containing over 14,500 articles dating back to 1996 from 13 prestigious and peer-reviewed journals published by MA Healthcare, including British Journal of Cardiac Nursing, British Journal of Nursing, Journal of Wound Care, International Journal of Palliative Nursing and Practice Nursing. For a full list of journals contained on internurse.com, please visit http://www.internurse.com/cgi-bin/go.pl/library/journals.html.
- Subscribe to internurse.com
Subscribe to internurse and take full advantage of the complete internurse archive including Cardiac Nursing for a year
- 24 hour access to internurse.com
Take out our 24 hour access to the entire internurse archive including Cardiac Nursing for a day
- Simply purchase this article